The Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that the $85 million next phase of Alpharetta City Center broke ground on Thursday and announced their newest tenants. The project will include 105,000 square feet of restaurants and retail (Morris & Fellows); three acres of greenspace and gardens; 36,000 square feet of office (MidCity Real Estate Partners); and 168 apartments (South City Partners).
We shared the story last January regarding the 26-acre City Center project. It already includes city hall, a library, a park and town green. Hedgewood Homes is also underway on 42 single-family homes.
This downtown district will include authentic local retailers.
Here’s the first look at the list of retail and restaurant tenants; we expect there to be many more.
- Perched – Amanda Topper of Woodstock’s Fashion Cupcake will open “Perched,” a clothing and gift boutique. The store will still be the same as Fashion Cupcake with classy, feminine trendy items as well as unique gift and small home decor items. They will also carry gifts for baby showers, weddings and birthdays. Plus, they will have some girls clothing. Here’s the exclusive scoop directly from Topper and the cool story behind her store name:
The name “Perched” came about after our 20 year old cat passed away and a petite wild bird came to visit us. He sat on the railing of our front porch without any fear. My mom and I could walk right up to him and he wouldn’t move. We knew this must be a sign that our beloved kitty was well, wherever he was! Every day the bird would come greet us and follow us around the yard. Eventually, he started to perch on the handle of our dogs leash while we were holding it. He had so much trust around us and still greets us every day! Anyone who has lost a loved one, whether they may be a human relative or a furry relative, always know that they will be “Perched” in our heart.
- Highland Bakery – Popular Atlanta restaurant Highland Bakery will open its 11th location at the project. It will be housed inside a building that recreates the 19th century Milton County Courthouse.
- Spirited Boutique – Spirit Lala Bush will open her fourth location of Spirited Boutique, which offers “Boho Chic” fashion and accessories. It will be 2,000 square feet.
- Raw Juice Boutique – Alissa Reynolds and Jaimee Schick will open their second location of Raw Juice Boutique, which offers cold-pressed juices, smoothies and healthy lunch items.
- Lapeer – Local restaurateur Louis Soon, co-owner of South Main Kitchen and Butcher and Brew, will open his third Alpharetta eatery at the project. It will be an upscale seafood restaurant that draws upon his roots in the Dutch Antilles. Soon said his restaurant would be housed in an old white church, which would set the tone for his relaxed restaurant with a clean design.
- Holmes – The City Center will also preserve the historic Jones House, built in 1915, and convert it to a new restaurant called Holmes from Chef Taylor Neary. He most recently worked for Chef Ford Fry’s restaurants, Marcel in West Midtown and St. Cecilia in Buckhead.
- Vin25 concept – Phillip Cooper, who founded Vin25 in Roswell, will bring a new wine-centric restaurant to the project. It will be about 3,500 square feet and will include a wine and spirits market. The concept is yet to be named, but will have more of a tavern feel.
- Natural Body Spa and Shop will open its eighth Georgia location at the project. It will feature 10 spa rooms for a variety of wellness treatments.
- Kilwins – Todd and Irina Bridges will open a new location of sweets franchise Kilwins, which serves ice cream, fudge, candy and caramels. It will be the second location in Atlanta. The other is at Atlantic Station.
- Branches – Branches is a women’s fashion and accessories store from Jodi Tiberio that has a location in downtown Woodstock and Towne Lake.
- Brooklynn’s – Tiberio will also open another women’s boutique called Brooklynn’s, which has a downtown Woodstock, Town Center Mall and Panama City Beach locations. The store features sought-after brands in tops, athletic wear, shoes, dresses, pants, accessories and gifts. This is the kind of store that both my daughter and I find something we love at a great price.
- Hemline – Hemline is a contemporary women’s boutique known for its fashion-forward designer apparel, shoes and accessories.
Downtown Alpharetta already has great unique restaurants and retailers, so this City Center will now offer even more choices and selection for both Alpharetta residents and visitors. This announcement comes on the heels of a walkable beltline, The Alpha Loop, planned for the city too.