As the only craft Peanut Butter made in the Peanut Capital of the World (Georgia), Georgia Grinders felt it was their obligation to create the Ultimate Gourmet PB&J in honor of National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day, which is celebrated this Friday, February 12th.
Jaime Foster, the owner of Georgia Grinders, paired up with two other local Atlanta companies that share the spotlight as masters of this world-over favorite sandwich: H&F Bread Co. and Emily G’s Jam of Love. Together, Jaime, Fallon Parks (of H&F Bread Co.), and Jennifer Burns (owner of Emily G’s) created a delicious, kicked-up version of the PB&J!
Anyone in the Atlanta area looking to recreate this sandwich at home can go to Lucy’s Market in Buckhead, where they sell all three — Georgia Grinders, H&F Bread and Emily G’s Jam of Love! Or visit Simply Fresh, Oli & Ve and Hello Gorgeous for the Georgia Grinders Peanut Butter and Emily G’s Jam and then go to H&F Bread Co. (retail location on Ellsworth Industrial Blvd) for the challah.
Georgia’s Finest Gourmet PB&J French Toast Sandwich
For French Toast:
- 2 slices H&F Co. Challah Bread
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch brown sugar
- Georgia Grinders Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter
- Emily G’s Triple Berry Jam of Love
- Powdered Sugar
1. Place a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, cinnamon & brown sugar. Lightly dredge each piece of bread through the egg mixture. Don’t coat too much or you won’t have enough egg.
3. Place bread in the skillet and cook for two minutes. Turn bread and cook for two minutes, then turn again and cook for two more minutes.
4. Remove the bread from skillet and transfer to plate. On the first piece, spread peanut butter on the side of bread that was cooked twice, then on the second piece spread jelly on the side that was cooked twice. Sandwich together and return to skillet. Reduce heat to medium low and cook sandwich on each side for approximately one minute until golden brown.
5. Remove from skillet, cut sandwich in half and serve. Top with powdered sugar and ENJOY!!!