Apple and Skydance films are filming Holiday Road which according to Cherokee Connect is code name for The Family Plan starring Mark Wahlberg and MIchelle Monaghan.
A filming notification went to local residents and business owners affected saying filming will take place on private property on Marietta Highway. The filing is set for Thursday 10/27 with preparation before. A casting call below is from Tammy Smith Casting.
Written by David Coggeshall, The Family Plan tells the story of a suburban dad who must take his family on the run when his past catches up with him.
Plus, Tammy Smith Casting has a casting call for the film for a Jonesboro shoot on Friday. This film is by Nighthawk Pictures along with Georgia Film, Music and Digital Entertainment.
In addition, Acworth was the sight of a casting location for a Netflix Feature Film “Stormwind” (working title) starring Chris Pratt, Millie Bobby Brown…and many more! It is supposed to be a big-budget Netflix film called “Electric State,” that is filmed by the Avengers team.
The Electric State has been years in the making before arriving on Netflix, so before we dig into what we know about the movie, here’s a quick rundown of the movie’s timeline so far:
- The book was published in December 2017
- The Russo Brothers won the options for the sci-fi novel in December 2017, with Andy Muschietti (It) eyed for the director’s seat, and Barbara Muschietti set to produce.
- The project was sold to Universal in December 2020 with Millie Bobby Brown starring, Russo Brothers directing, and Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely writing. It was due for a theatrical release.
- We exclusively reported on Netflix eying taking over the project in June 2022.
- Netflix officially gets the project in 2022, with an announcement in late June 2022.
Support our local ScoopOTP approved REALTORS®
You’ve probably heard that the real estate market is shifting. But, do you know how much your house is worth in today’s market?