Update 6-7-17: The Splash Pad is now open! After June 7, admission will be $2 per person. Children ages 2 and under will be free.
Pictured below is a conceptual rendering of the splash pad, which is designed to mist, spray and soak families and children of all ages and abilities. This is just a sampling as it will be more than 3,000 square feet.
This park is also known for its very popular Skatepark facilities. If you haven’t seen the skatepark, it is a 40,000 square feet, concrete skate park that incorporates a unique combination of street, pool and flow bowl elements that will challenge skateboarders of all skill levels.
This splash pad project is a joint effort between the City of Kennesaw and Cobb County and is expected to open in June. Funding is from the 2016 Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax.
Also in Kennesaw Park news is a 1.8 million Aviation-themed public park and green space coming to the area at Cobb Place Boulevard and Barrett Lakes Boulevard.
We’ll post updates on both projects as new information becomes available.
- The 2017 splash pad season will end on Labor Day. Beginning in 2018, the splash pad season will run from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- The splash pad is open daily, except for Thursdays until July 30. After July 30, the splash pad will open on Saturday and Sundays only until Labor Day.
- Hours of operation are from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- All persons using the splash pad do so at their own risk.
- Children under 12 years old MUST be supervised at all times.
- Visitors wishing to leave the splash pad and return later (on the same day) will be readmitted with a wristband.
- The water is chlorinated and recirculated through a filtration system.
- Admission is $2 per person. Children ages 2 and under are free.
- Cash and major credit/debit cards are accepted.
Splash Pad Rules:
- Swim suits and/or appropriate attire must be worn at all times. No blue jeans.
- At first sign of thunder and lightning, please vacate the splash pad and seek a fully enclosed shelter.
- Footwear/sandals are strongly recommended. Street shoes are not allowed.
- All users must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe, and family-oriented manner.
- Running, rough play, horseplay and undue disturbances are prohibited.
- Do not climb, hang, swing, or pull/push on any of the splash pad equipment.
- Do not sit, stand, cover, or block any of the water jets.
- Children who are not toilet trained MUST wear swim diapers (regular diaper changing should occur).
- Drinking, spitting, and spouting of water from mouth/nose is not allowed.
- Consumption of food/drinks is not allowed in the splash pad area.
- Glassware and similar materials with a tendency to shatter on impact are not allowed in the splash pad area.
- Persons should not use the splash pad if they are suspected of having or have a communicable disease, diarrhea, or have exposed sub-epidermal tissue, open blisters and/or cuts.
- Persons are prohibited from using the splash pad as a bathing facility.
- Athletic equipment, balls, bats, beach balls, noodles, inflatable toys, etc. are prohibited in the splash pad area.
- The use of profane language will not be tolerated.
- Pets are not allowed in the splash pad area.
- Radios or other acoustical devices are only permitted when used in conjunction with personal headsets. Amplified sound is restricted.
- Skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, scooters or any other wheeled devices are prohibited in the splash pad area.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Tobacco products and e-cigarettes are strictly prohibited.
- For equipment maintenance problems, call 770.422.9714.
- In the event of an emergency, call 911.