Progressive Atlanta Boat Show
The 2017 Progressive® Insurance Atlanta Boat Show is BACK and will dock at the Georgia World Congress Center Jan. 12-15, 2017, marking 55 years as the Southeast’s premier boating event. To commemorate the Show’s 55th anniversary, the first 55 attendees who arrive after 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, Jan. 12-13, will receive a FREE half-day pontoon boat rental courtesy of Park Marine.
Enter here to win tickets from us!
At the show, visitors will find more than 600 boats for every budget and lifestyle, hundreds of marine accessories, as well as an array of educational seminars from sailing to fishing and more, plus nautical fun for the whole family.
As a boat owner and having a cabin on Lake Allatoona, I love this show — but my non-boating friends enjoy it too!
Check out the top reasons to visit the show this year:
- Celebrate 55 Years with 55 Winners: The first 55 attendees (ages 25+) after 5 p.m. can win a FREE half-day Pontoon rental worth $199 on Jan. 12-13 courtesy of Park Marine.*
- $5 after 5pm: Also, to celebrate #55, after 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday it’s $5 tickets, $5 parking and $5 drinks.
- James Bond Lotus Esprit Submarine Car: It’s been spotted on Lake Lanier just a few times, so don’t miss this replica of James Bond’s iconic Lotus Esprit submarine car from the 1977 Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me (the only Lotus Esprit in the world that can travel on water).
- Hundreds of Boats + New Products: Whether it’s luxury yachts, kayaks, powerboats, sailboats, a pontoon or fishing vessel, visitors can shop the latest boat products at the lowest prices of the year. Here’s a sneak peek at this year’s latest products:
- World Debut: MasterCraft XT23 – Be the first in the world to see the latest crossover vessel from MasterCraft. This boat offers the perfect wake settings for all watersports from waterskiing to wakesurfing to tubing and more.
- New Model: Sea Ray 350 Sundancer Coupe – With a sleek hardtop and enhanced coupe foredeck lounging zone, the Sundancer 350 Coupe is ideal for entertaining and spending entire days on the water.
- Show Debut: Hobie Mirage Eclipse – Take Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) to the next level and pedal through water on this new SUP board – it’s a great workout, easy to do and can even be outfitted for fishing.
- Sail Away: Climb aboard the sailing simulator to get a feel for the wind and waves on land, plus enjoy an enhanced seminar series for sailors.
- Gone Fishing: Learn how to reel ‘em in from the pros demonstrating how to cast, catch and much more at a 40-ft. water tank filled with live fish.
- Get Schooled: Expand DIY knowledge with Fred’s Shed, an interactive garage where attendees get hands-on experience to fix motors and more. Plus, visit U.S. Power Squadron’s Boating Skills Virtual Trainer where you’ll set out on a simulatedboat trip to practice skills such as docking, pivot turns, and more.
- Little Captains: Entertain children at the Kid’s Zone, which includes a bounce house, balloon art and face painting. Plus, over the weekend kids can meet Kevin and Bob from the popular movie franchise Minions.
- Boat Safety 101: Brush up on safe boating skills at the USCGA FREE safety seminars. Check the website for details.
- Jam On: After browsing all the boats, kick back and enjoy the Caribbean-inspired tunes of Frankendread.
WHEN: Jan. 12-15, 2017
Thursday-Friday, Jan. 12-13, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 14, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 15, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Georgia World Congress Center, Hall C
280 Northside Drive, NW
Atlanta, GA 30314
Adults 16 and older: $14;
Youth 15 and under: FREE (when accompanied by a paid adult)
- $2 off tickets purchased online before Jan. 12
- All active military, law enforcement personnel and firefighters will receive one free ticket with valid ID
Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates around town.